Monday, May 26, 2008

Wouldn't a map of coffee shops on the SFU campus make sense?

I'm studying a map of the SFU Burnaby map because I will be at a conference there next week – yep, on top of a mountain in the middle of... air, lots of air... we wouldn't want to be distracted by anything interesting now would we?

So I'm looking for a place on campus to sit and have some coffee.

I will be doing a trial run of the route tomorrow morning and, after a long bus ride, I'm going to want some coffee. So I'm looking at various maps from the SFU website – mostly pretty maps, not much useful detail here. I have one map up that has icons for all of the... phones... on campus. Uhuh, I can see students needing phones, those students who don't have cell phones anyway... all 2 of them.

So a useful place on all University campuses to sit and consume coffee while taking in the view is the Student's Union Building (SUB). From a quick search on “Students Union Building” on the SFU website... they don't have one.?!? They are debating whether they need one. Answer: Yes, you do, build one now, join all the other Universities, be normal! So I have to look elsewhere for coffee.

In – or near – a city like Vancouver, wouldn't it make sense to have a map of campus with all of the coffee shops on it? Yes, I am assuming there are such things on the SFU campus. I can't imagine getting a degree without coffee for fuel, I drank mountains of it when I was getting my degree at the UofA.

Instead of the little phone icons, couldn't they replace them with coffee bean icons for all the coffee shops? Wouldn't that be useful?

So I will cross my fingers and go up the mountain tomorrow to see if they have any coffee. Not an expedition I expected to make...

No comments: