Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Am I getting older because my hair stylist works mornings?

My hair stylist is younger than me, and more artistic, and has great ideas for hair styles that suite her customers wonderfully, and she's recently decided that being a responsible professional who works hard on her business is a good idea.

What happened to the artistic until it hurts, party all night, get up and start work at 1pm (if they have to start so early) hair stylists? That's what I've been used to since I was a teenager... many eons ago... but now I'm dealing with serious professionals? The shop that my hair stylist rents a chair in opens at 9am and is busy at opening! All of the stylists are professionals with their own businesses who rent a chair in this salon. And they're all serious professionals!

I've followed Wendy, my hair stylist, around from salon to salon for several years now. In the beginning, she was the party-hardy typical hair stylist I was used to. Now she's older and wiser, and works mornings! Does this mean that I'm getting older too?

I am drawn to hair stylists who love their work and get great satisfaction from it. I've always envied the lifestyle of a hair stylist. Artistic and care-free. Now Wendy's not living that lifestyle either. If she's gotten older, does that mean I have too? Urgh!

No comments: