Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mint or Bachelor Buttons: Which will dominate?

April 20, 2008: After 1 week

As I started my Spring planting last Monday, I found seeds for Mint and Bachelor Buttons in my pile of unused seeds from last year. Neither of these plants grew so well last year, so I wasn't too interested in trying to grow them again this year, but I did have a pot full of soil that I wanted to plant something in, so I planted them.

All of the seeds in one pot – roughly one half Mint, the other half Bachelor Buttons.

Mint has the reputation of taking over gardens, and Bachelor Buttons also grow like weeds in the right conditions, so I figure both plants have the potential to take over the pot. The question of the summer will be... which plants will dominate the pot?

The 2008 epic battle of my balcony:
Mint or Bachelor Buttons – which will dominate?
Stay tuned for occasional updates!

No comments: