Monday, July 7, 2008

Battle Plant Update: Mushrooms!



On Friday we found new univited guests in our battle plant pot! Mushrooms!



By Saturday they had, well, mushroomed!

This was an unexpected learning experience... so that's what the term "mushrooming" means. I always though it meant blowing up like a nuclear explosion that resembled a mushroom in shape. Now I see it means growing and poofing at an incredible rate like a mushroom plant - we could almost see them get bigger!

And the next day, they were shriveled and gone, so I removed the carcasses... but they have left a fine dust on the pot and soil which will likely grow into more mushrooms. This could be a problem. I have other plants in other pots that I don't want to be part of this experiment... will I be fighting battle mushroom for the rest of the summer???

No comments: