Thursday, March 12, 2009

Where is the most inappropriate place to applaud?

I'm going with a washroom for this one, a public washroom that is. It's the most inappropriate place to applaud. I didn't applaud, but I really felt I should.

No, it's not what you are thinking (and why are earth are you thinking that?).

The community centre where I take a Yoga class on Thursdays has a piano. This piano is well hidden. This piano is down a long hallway. On the way to this piano you will pass both men's and women's washrooms. They quite often leave the main doors to the washrooms propped open (helps with air movement).

So today I found myself in the washroom, listening to wonderful piano music. The person playing the piano really knew what they were doing. They played large portions of about 3 different pieces. Boy, that was a lot of notes. No, I'm not musical but I do appreciate great music, and that really was.

So I felt like applauding... and then caught myself. I didn't venture down the hallway to the piano room because I think it's a really tiny room, and I needed to get to my class, but I didn't want to interrupt.

So whoever was playing such wonderful music should find a better place to do it where more people can listen. What an odd place to keep the piano!

No comments: